Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Pier Hotel

The Pier hotel
The heritage listed Pier Hotel at 1751 Botany Road in Banksmeadow was purchased by Tooth and Company in December 1917.

A new building design by architect R G Simpson was completed in November 1940 in the interwar period Functionalist style.


Sources;
- Botany Bay Heritage Listings



View the following historical photographs from the Noel Butlin Archives Centre at the ANU;

- Public bar

- Saloon bar





More Art Deco information can be found on the DecoWorks Pty Ltd website.

No comments:

Post a Comment