Saturday, October 29, 2011
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel located on the corner of Victoria Road and Wellington Street in Rozelle was purchased by Tooth and Company in January 1926.
It was rebuilt August 1941 to a design by Joy and Pollit architects.
As with many hotels today it is now a live music venue and has lost much of its community character which was so much a part of the hotel scene in the 30's and 40's.
Detail photo of the hotel facade
View of the side bar
View the following historical photographs from the Noel Butlin Archives Centre at the ANU;
Public bar (1)
Public bar (2)
More Art Deco information can be found on the DecoWorks Pty Ltd website.