Sunday, December 6, 2009
RM Williams House
RM Williams House, located at 389 George Street in Sydney, was originally a three storey building built on a very narrow site in 1935. The brick building maked full use of the restrictions of the small corner site it occupied.
At some time after 1953 it had a fourth storey sympathetically added to increase floorspace.
A picture of the original three storey building can be found at the State Library of NSW.
There was a Penfolds wine restaurant there in the 1950s and the building is commonly known as RM Williams house.
Detail of additional storey
- State Library Listings
- Sydney Council heritage database
More Art Deco inforamtion can be found on the DecoWorks Pty Ltd website.